There are many ways corporations and their employees can support Children's National Medical Center. Here are just a few of the ways you can get involved.
Make a Philanthropic Gift
By making an annual gift to the Kids Care Fund, corporations can support the most pressing needs of Children’s National. Corporations can also make an annual or campaign gift to support endowments, programs, or facilities. Naming opportunities are available. Contact Marc Mitrano for more information.
- A Hyundai "Hope on Wheels" grant to the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children's National has expanded educational support for families of children fighting cancer.
- Capital One has provided more than $600,000 in support over the last two years to help Children’s National provide world-class pediatric health care to all children, regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
- Since 2008, Southwest Airlines has provided support to the patients of Children's National Medical Center through its Medical Transportation Grant Program.
Start an Employee Giving Campaign
Employee giving campaigns give businesses a chance to get their employees involved with Children's National. We make it easy for you by helping you shape your program and speak to your employees about the impact their donations can make. Structure the program however it works best for you payroll deduction, an annual drive, or a corporate matching program. Contact Marc Mitrano for more information.
- Read about GEICO's annual employee fundraising campaign and the company's 36-year history of supporting Children's National.
- ExxonMobil's employees have a 98% participation rate in their workplace giving program. As an added incentive, the company provides a partial match to make employees' donations go even further.
Become a Distinguished Community Partner
Children's National shares remarkable ongoing relationships with nonprofit organizations in the metropolitan Washington, DC community. These partnerships leverage the intersections of our missions, resources, and expertise to catalyze solutions to many pressing issues. Contact Emily Piccirillo for more information.
- For over two decades, Fight For Children has provided funding support across Children’s National. Launched by the late Joseph E. Robert, Jr., Fight For Children is currently supporting our mobile dental clinic and FitFamily, Jr.--an overweight/obesity prevention project in Ward 7.
Support the Children's Miracle Network
Children's Miracle Network is a national alliance of top children's hospitals that raise money through national corporate sponsors for sick and injured kids. Through its year-round efforts to help kids, Children's Miracle Network has raised more than $3 billion, most of which is donated a dollar or two at a time at grassroots campaigns and events conducted by our corporate sponsors such as Costco Wholesale, Wal-Mart and Food Lion. Send an email to Patty Jasper-Zellner for more information.
- Read about Costco Wholesale's partnership with Children's Miracle Network and the millions of dollars it has raised for Children's National Medical Center.
- In addition to financial and in-kind giving, employees from Marriott volunteer their time with patients at Children's National through the company's Spirit to Serve program.
- Learn more about how Food Lion, LLC, has donated over $2.2 million to Children’s National Medical Center through their "Food Lion ... for the Children" campaign.
Create a Cause-Related Marketing Campaign
Are you interested in linking your company’s sales to philanthropy? Consider donating a portion of the sales of your goods or services to support kids and build loyalty among your customers or clients. Contact Marc Mitrano for more information.
- Read how Kohl's net profits from the sale of special merchandise support Children's National.
Sponsor an Event
Throughout the year, there are many opportunities to sponsor events that benefit Children’s National. Our events include the Children’s Ball, golf tournaments, private dinners, and cocktail events. Sponsorship levels range from $2,500 to $250,000. Contact Sharon Kessler for more information.
- The Washington Area Lexus Dealers have been the presenting sponsor of Children's Ball, our signature gala, since 2003. Over the past 13 years, the Washington Area Lexus Dealers have donated over $1.5 million to Children's National.
Host a Community Event
Businesses support Children’s National by hosting fundraising events for the community. Ideas range from golf tournaments and 5Ks to dress-down days and bake sales. Children’s National will help you brainstorm ideas that are a good fit for your company and employees. Contact Michelle Chu for more information.
- Design, history, fine living, and a worthy cause come together for DC Design House, the region’s premiere residential design showcase which benefits Children's National.
Sponsor a Radiothon
Children’s National holds several radiothons throughout the year. Corporate partners may sponsor an hour or more of the radiothon or provide volunteers to work at the phone bank. In return, corporations may receive on-air mentions and visibility in recognition of their support. Contact Megan Summerford for more information.
The staff at MIX 107.3 FM pour their hearts and souls into the annual MIX for Kids Radiothon to galvanize their listeners to call in and donate. Monthly Miracle Maker gifts are ongoing. If you wish to stop your monthly giving at anytime, please contact Megan Summerford directly. Thank you for your continued support!